Airport Parking – How to Save Money
Airport parking is not counted among the enjoyable parts of travel, whether for business or pleasure. When you are budgeting for travel, you may or may not even consider it in your costs. For those who are watching their money (and who aren’t) there are ways that you can save money on parking and use it for those other more pleasant travel related expenses like dinner at a restaurant, or even a souvenir. You have many choices for airport parking-including short-term, long-term, economy lots, off-site parking, rental cars, taxis, and even having a friend drive you to the airport.
Choices For Parking:
* The short-term lots are generally the most expensive type of parking available at the airport and are usually just used for those who are taking very short trips or are simply dropping people off or picking them up at the airport or have business at the airport. If you are traveling for more than a day, you should probably choose another airport parking option.
* Long-term lots are for those who are taking more extended trips. They are still fairly close to the terminal, but you may have to take a free shuttle to the terminal. The shuttles run through each lot frequently, so your wait will probably not be longer than a few minutes. The cost for these airport parking lots is usually a few dollars a day.
* Some airports also have economy lots in addition to their long term parking lots. They are usually even farther from the terminal and do not have covered parking. But, there are still shuttles that take you to the terminal from economy airport parking and it is even less expensive than long-term. For frequent travelers or for those who are taking extended vacations this may be the best choice.
* Off-site airport parking is generally less expensive or comparable to long-term parking at the airport and you can often find coupons and other discounts by looking online. You simply leave your car there at the lot, which is a short distance from the airport, and they have a shuttle that takes you right to your terminal. When you return, they take you to your car.
* Another option that is available to you is to rent a car for a day and drive it to the airport and turn it in at the rental car counter. This allows you to have car to use without having to worry about airport parking or shuttles. There are often deals on daily rentals-especially on weekends.
* One of the most expensive options or alternatives to airport parking for most people would be to take a shuttle service or a taxi-with the taxi being the most expensive. You simply call ahead and you are picked up right at your home and taken to the airport. You don’t have to worry about driving or airport parking.
* The least expensive option or alternative available is to have a friend or family member drive you to the airport. This costs nothing unless you offer to pay for gas or compensate the driver in any way and you can leave exactly when you need to. You may also have to return the favor at a later date, but it really might be worth it.
These are some of the more common solutions to the parking problem at the airport. You may want to use one of these or you may have a better idea of your own. But at least these ideas can get you started.
By Margarette Tustle. Learn more about airports and airport references from firstairport.com [http://www.firstairport.com]
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Margarette_Tustle/20573